Welcome to International Migration Course. It is international in the context of five countries - Australia, Canada, New Zealand, UK and USA.
WHY A COURSE IN INTERNATIONAL MIGRATION
• Today many countries are pouring in millions of dollars in what is commonly known as ‘border control.’ Border control is not only about controlling the entry and exit points such as airports, seaports, or patrolling the boundaries of a nation’s international waters. Its scope is much wider and may not always be obvious to many. The surveillance and scrutiny of suspected individuals often reveals massive frauds in ‘migration.’
• The rules and regulations demand that migration happen in an orderly manner. However large numbers of people through ill advice or through their own personal circumstances choose a ‘pathway’ that often causes or results in misery to them and their families.
• Movement of people is an international phenomenon. With it have come cases of fraud resulting in people facing criminal action, deportation and people losing large amounts of money.
• Migration is just not about permanent migration. It also involves temporary visas where people have a desire to travel for tourism, entertainment, sports and cultural activities. This course will help you to broaden your knowledge.
• Knowledge is key to success. Do not be trapped. There are hundreds of stories from people who got trapped because of wrong advice.
• For students wanting to go abroad for studies this course will take you through some of the important matters associated with student visas. These matters include selecting the right course, right education provider, genuineness, reasons why you wish to study abroad, and financial capacity.
This course will help students with little or no knowledge in migration, as well as people with existing expertise, the opportunity to broaden and or update their knowledge.
1. To enable students to develop sound knowledge of the fundamentals of migration to - Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and UK (five countries).
2. Provide students with a broad introduction to immigration to five countries
3. To enable students to identify their purpose of visit and identify confidently the different visa types.
4. To help students to use this course as the ‘first step building block’ in understanding the basics of migration law thus enabling them to advance their studies in appropriate courses leading to qualification as a registered agent in countries where the industry is regulated.
A student of any discipline can take this course.
STUDENTS OF ANY FACULTY - ARTS, SCIENCE, ENGINEERING, ECONOMICS, MEDICINE, ARCHITECTURE, DENTISTRY, NURSING, MANAGEMENT, AGRICULTURE, EDUCATION, LAW ETC. WILL LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES ABROAD EITHER TEMPORARILY TO BROADEN THEIR SKILLS OR TO MOVE PERMANENTLY TO SETTLE AND SEEK EMPLOYMENT. HISTORY HAS PROVED THAT MIGRANTS SEND MONEY BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY OF ORIGIN FOR THE WELFARE OF THEIR FAMILIES.